The Elithian Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications

+19
pokeemaster
epicksl
ozzybourne
Meerkatman
Jonners_gunz
CloakandDagger
John_bro
Linkins_Revenge
mashedtatertot
Wolf-Isa
Sataz
Ryiin Taemera
Denedd
kingnecromancer
Lunark
JorgasElite
dragonslayer57
thunderpants
Aegonian
23 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications - Page 2 Empty Re: THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications

Post by dragonslayer57 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Minecraft Username:dragonslayer57
In-game name:dragon
Race:human
Character's background:i awoken in the woods alone in the dark all i had was my sword all i could remember is leaving my planet in search of other life forms and the i blacked out i started walking to find some help but it was woods as far as i could see so i kept walking then i heard something i assumed it was a rabbit of some sort so i kept walk the i realized it was to big to be a rabbit so i looked and it was a elf he said he could help me and took me to the village.
A screenshot of your skin:http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2n06e5u&s=7
Have you played on any other servers before? If yes, what servers, and what rank did you have?:yes, <server reddit , builder.

Last edited by dragonslayer57 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 3 times in total

dragonslayer57
Caiin
Caiin

THEA-Points : 4765

Back to top Go down

THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications - Page 2 Empty Re: THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications

Post by JorgasElite Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Ummmm, dragon, you STILL don't actually have a character background. PRETEND your making a fantasy book, and theres pages about the characters in the story. First of all, we aren't all elves (but most are), so please be a hume. And it isn't like reg minecraft survival. This is a ROLE-PLAY server.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications - Page 2 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 6425

Back to top Go down

Post by Sataz Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:36 pm

reminds me, you should add a section on the applications on how they got to the server.
Sataz
Sataz
Haero
Haero

THEA-Points : 5145

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiin Taemera Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:37 pm

Yeah, it indeed would be nice to know how people came across our server!
Ryiin Taemera
Ryiin Taemera
Haero
Haero

THEA-Points : 5378

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:06 pm

That would be a great idea because then noobs won't invade our server and destroy/grief/steal/all of the choices everything.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sataz Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:52 pm

there is only one problem I can see... the server is never up anymore...
Sataz
Sataz
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:52 pm

Soon, we will start putting the server online more frequently, but we've got some big changes planned. We'll post more info soon.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications - Page 2 YvlSz THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications - Page 2 Empty THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications - Page 2 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7046
Location : Planet Elithia. In my humble home in Aegonia's capital city; Creon.

https://elithianalliance.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sataz Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:25 pm

I think the biggest problem is a story, I'd love to work on that, also we need some landmarks, to tell people more about the history of the world and such (for instance something about why Amathea is such a big city)
Sataz
Sataz
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:29 pm

An actual story is one of the things we're working on. Another is a new map: One made using WorldPainter.
More landmarks will be placed as well, and I think dungeons will be added too. Soon, we'll create a temporary map on which people can build houses, dungeons, landmarks and other stuff. We'll pick the best creations and place them on the new map.

Something I don't want to do this time is add completed towns to the map: building the towns should be part of the roleplay. And the accompanying changes in the texture pack will make the process of gathering the right materials a bit more challenging: Cobblestone will be changed into cracked stone, and clay bricks will be the new stone bricks (And yes, I know clay is WAY too rare for it to be used as a building material, which is why we will add large reserves of clay at some locations).
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications - Page 2 YvlSz THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications - Page 2 Empty THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications - Page 2 SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sataz Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:38 pm

does that mean a new application thread? (yet again...) how many more maps will it take you to actually get a real roleplay set up? (no offence...)
Sataz
Sataz
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:32 pm

New applications won't be necessary, but as new races will be introduced, it will be possible for whitelisted members to chose a new character (without writing a new application).

And the map you saw today was a test version. Minecraft was not yet allowed to populate the terrain with resources, trees and grass, as we just wanted to see what the islands looked like.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:18 pm

Just out of interest, why don't we mix things up a bit and go with a more sci-fi styled RP? The existing ones have all been Medieval...
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications - Page 2 916tM THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications - Page 2 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7091

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/thunderpants

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:32 pm

I am considering it, but I'm not sure yet. Ryiin really wants it to be medieval-styled, though.

What I have been thinking about for a long time is a truly Elithian server: One where you play as your roleplay-creature, on Elithia or one of the other planets. I want to make a texture pack for it first, which will include more modern, technological textures, like computers, machinery and textures made specifically for spaceships.
If we are doing such a server, I want there to be several worlds: One that resembles Elithia, another that resembles space (using a mod that ensures it is always midnight), and perhaps one for Icicle, Thelea or some other planet.

What do you think?
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:41 pm

Aegonian wrote:I am considering it, but I'm not sure yet. Ryiin really wants it to be medieval-styled, though.

What I have been thinking about for a long time is a truly Elithian server: One where you play as your roleplay-creature, on Elithia or one of the other planets. I want to make a texture pack for it first, which will include more modern, technological textures, like computers, machinery and textures made specifically for spaceships.
If we are doing such a server, I want there to be several worlds: One that resembles Elithia, another that resembles space (using a mod that ensures it is always midnight), and perhaps one for Icicle, Thelea or some other planet.

What do you think?

A snow planet, a Lava Planet, a cluster of asteroids, desert planet or a wasteland planet would be awesome (In my opinion) It may motivate me to make my planned Plugin for a Snow World Generator, but I may work on some smaller plugins first. (I really need to Learn Java... Why do I keep not doing it?)

It's a shame Notch doesn't add a Bunny Ears item, even if It was dungeon loot, it would really help for Notix Ears!

I just thought, for some technology you could use the PreciousStones mod, and create some really cool stuff! (Shields which hurt certain people, others which heal anyone, and some which disallow everyone!)
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications - Page 2 916tM THEA Minecraft Roleplay - Applications - Page 2 SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:56 am

YES! If we could have a sci-fi and medival, that would be great! Maybye a week of Sci, then Medieval. It would be awesome to have a truly sci-fi world with truly sci-fi tools and...... Everything! For the other planet, I was thinking Athana or New Vandus Prime. I chose these two because they'r different. Athana is always raining, and is a dark planet with many oceans and dark mountains. Forests dominate most of the planet's surface, and they'r not like Amathea Woods. N.V.P. is a impossible planet, but's lets just make it a lot more simple. There is no natural light on the surface, and everything grows of special electricity in the ground. The electricity is like a super fertilizer, and causes everything to grow like bamboo x50. Everybody lives underground because of the vicious vegetation. Also, if you could make a simple ore like Iron, only that it also creates light, that would be great. BUT, if you could be my angel, try to make a special stone that drops reg cobble, but also drops 1-6 redstone and/or 0-1 lightiron. (The iron-like ore above that creates light with use with reg iron uses)
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sataz Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:01 am

How complicated this is going to get... anyway, I think if you have multiple worlds, you should use a gate mod or something similar to transport between different worlds, I'm not sure how the texture is going to work out, but I believe Ryiin was able to change our texture packs on the server, perhaps this could also work in different worlds...
Sataz
Sataz
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Using BukkitContrib (Or Spout, that's the new name), it is possible to force players to use a certain texture pack. It is also possible to set a custom pack for every world.

A gate plugin won't be too hard to find, and possibly, we can even get one that uses custom portal shapes (instead of using nether-gates). These gates will be placed inside spacestations, I think.

If we are doing this, I will try making several Texture Packs, but they will be SD (less work) instead of HD. However, I will still recommend using a patcher: I will use cutom water and lava animations.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sataz Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:55 pm

for the gate mod you can use ancientgates (discontinued but still working) it works as follows:
it uses commands (no permissions support, but only op's can use it) you can make a frame any form you want, any size. you choose where to it will transport you and use a command to open at will (again, op only) one downside is that in order to transport back, you will need to make another gate, going back...

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/inactive-tp-ancientgates-v1-0-2-easily-create-portals-with-custom-design-733.11743/
Sataz
Sataz
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:27 pm

If it is inactive, we probably won't use it. I just checked some of the last posts though, and it seems the developer of AncientGates is now developing a new cutom gate-plugin that should work too.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sataz Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:40 pm

creativegates SUCKS! it didn't work when I installed it so I decided to give ancientgates a shot and that one did work... with creative gates, for some reason when I destroyed the portal the gate didn't shut down and went all the way across the room, anyway that was just a suggestion so I don't mind if you don't use it.
Sataz
Sataz
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiin Taemera Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Sataz wrote:creativegates SUCKS! it didn't work when I installed it so I decided to give ancientgates a shot and that one did work... with creative gates, for some reason when I destroyed the portal the gate didn't shut down and went all the way across the room, anyway that was just a suggestion so I don't mind if you don't use it.

One should report bugs when he stumbles upon them.
Ryiin Taemera
Ryiin Taemera
Haero
Haero

THEA-Points : 5378

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:53 pm

What about Voxelport? That way we can have fixed and timed routes! http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tp-voxelport-v2-028-travel-in-style-and-on-schedule-950.2703/
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:39 pm

That seems quite nice!
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:42 pm

I think spawn needs to be a space station if we do multiple planets, A hub for Tping
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Okay, so every world has a different tex pack but has to have patcher. SD packs are the ones I use, but I use painetrly which is basicly the best one. So about the gates, I wouldn't mind if the gates were nether-like. Actually, I think it would be cool if they were Nether-like, but the obsidian being half-rock, half machinery. That would be cool.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next