The Elithian Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

+4
epicksl
Lunark
thunderpants
Aegonian
8 posters

Page 1 of 24 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

Go down

Of these five names, which one do you think fits our world best?

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes T5IHA33%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes PURmt 33% 
[ 5 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes T5IHA27%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes PURmt 27% 
[ 4 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes T5IHA13%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes PURmt 13% 
[ 2 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes T5IHA13%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes PURmt 13% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 15

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes Empty Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

Post by Aegonian Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:19 pm

First off, I really want our 'current' Roleplay to start: I am suggesting alternate themes for future roleplays, or, possibly, 'extra' roleplays, which we could play on, for example, certain days, while still doing the Fantasy Medieval Roleplay most of the week.

Elithian

I've had this idea for a very long time and have posted about it a few times before: it would be a roleplay set on Elithia, either before or after the Blast. Using multiworld plug-ins, multiple planets could be visited. One world would be the 'outer space' world: it would be at night-time all day (allowing for completely black 'skies' and voids), and the texture of the moon would be a picture of Elithia, or the three suns. People could have their own spaceships, build spacestations, colonize asteroids etc.

Every world could have its own texturepack, so that many kinds of environments can be made. I have already done quite some textures for an Elithia-styled pack (16x16).

This theme would allow for greater freedom in building than most others, as the various alien species we'll use all have their own architectural styles, and as the Elithian Empires are constantly building new colonies, we could spend a lot of time building new structures.

Post-Apocalypse

This would basically be a Minecraft version of 'The Collapse', but with other characters (using the same characters would probably mess up the RP). Set in a ruined city, people will have to survive in a hostile environment full of bandits, and, possibly, zombies.

This theme could use a mixture of our current texture pack, and the Last Days texture pack. I have already mixed the two into a nice pack, but it isn't finished yet.

I've built a house in singleplayer, to show what this theme could look like. The house uses some aspects of common Victorian houses:

The house's exterior:
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes 2012-02-03_195423

The living room (I'm not very good at interiors):
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes 2012-02-03_183311

The kitchen:
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes 2012-02-03_183330

And last but not least, the attic:
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes 2012-02-03_183409

What do you guys think? Should we use these themes for future, or perhaps even extra roleplays?

Last edited by Aegonian on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes YvlSz Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes Empty Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7040
Location : Planet Elithia. In my humble home in Aegonia's capital city; Creon.

https://elithianalliance.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes Empty Re: Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

Post by thunderpants Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Within an abandoned Space Station? Full of zombies, exploding aliens and creepy tall aliens?
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes 916tM Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7085

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/thunderpants

Back to top Go down

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes Empty Re: Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

Post by Lunark Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Wow, the house looks amazing! Definitely Post-Apocalyptic! I would really like a Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay.

An Elithian Roleplay would be awesome too!

As for answering your question about whether we should use these as a future roleplay...
DEFINITELY.

((And Now, Definitely has been added to my list of favorite words, it's next to awesome and amazing))
Lunark
Lunark
Haero
Haero

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes SbAcb

THEA-Points : 5251

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:51 pm

I think that, for now at least, the Post-Apocalyptic theme is the most viable: an Elithian roleplay would be just as amazing, but it needs one thing to be 'perfect' (as far as perfection is possible): smooth moving custom vehicles for Multiplayer, like seen in the SSP Zeppelins Mod. It would allow us to all have our own spaceships, and actually use them properly.

I imagine that post-apocalyptic house to be one of many in a long, ruined street, just like the ones in in The Collapse. If we could build an entire city, and seal it off with great walls to prevent people from leaving the RP world (and thus, being able to get lots of resources with too much ease), that'd be awesome! I can imagine hidden military bunkers, test labs etc, which we can loot for resources. One of the good things is that we won't need that many plug-ins (the Medieval Fantasy could also do without, but it would be a lot less fun), so there's no need gigantic Permissions configs!
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes YvlSz Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes Empty Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:10 pm

I'd love to do a post apocalyptic city. I'd help build the map! It could be better with a custom texture pack and self forming factions (Like they're created in rp.)
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes 916tM Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:25 pm

I think this might actually work out better than our Medieval Fantasy roleplays... so far, we've had three or so, and all of them failed due to a lack of players and updates constantly breaking the RP...

Having the factions arise during the RP is more fun, yeah. In the MF (Medieval Fantasy) RPs, there are always a lot of background stories defining the existing factions. In PA (Post-Apocalyptic), there is some background story, but by far not as much, allowing for more freedom. I like it Very Happy

We could actually start building the map soon: Ryiin is unlikely to update the MF RP any time soon anyway, and it would be nice to put the server back online again some time.
Should we start with a flat map? That would probably be easier for a city to be built on.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:28 pm

Flat map is probably best, we can just terraform any hills etc. Then we can make it relatively flat and it'll be easy to build!
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:34 pm

Flat map it is.

There is a plug-in that allows you to set a world border (either square or round, as far as I know) that can not be passed through. Players trying to pass that border will receive a message telling them they can't go any further, which could be useful to ensure no-one 'escapes' the city. Problem is, the city would probably have to be square, and I'm not sure that'll look too good... What do you think?

(I now dominate the 'Latest Topics' window!)
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunark Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:51 pm

That's a lot of Aegonian...
Colors a bit off...

Oh, and I would like to work on the city as well!
Lunark
Lunark
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by epicksl Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:36 am

Id love to help terraform/make buildings. i have some cool designs for buildings that aren't just boring boxes and stuff. also, I want to be a part, so i dont have to wait forever.
epicksl
epicksl
Calion
Calion

THEA-Points : 4669

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:55 am

I'm pretty good at making terrible ruined buildings... Smile (terrible in dilapidated slummy-thing)

I could help make some buildings like maybye an old apartment building.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

THEA-Points : 6419

Back to top Go down

Post by Sataz Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:23 am

so wait, are we going to make one city and surroundings together in creative? Awesome!

the perimeter could also be set using WE, as long as people don't build beyond the set perimeter (and they won't, because we will ban them if they do) you don't need a plugin Very Happy

too bad all our work on the old world will be gone again though
Sataz
Sataz
Haero
Haero

THEA-Points : 5139

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:58 am

I did some thinking, and thought It may be cool if you used a plugin so that only zombies, spiders, cave spiders, and pig zombies spawned naturally at night. (Or at least made them more common/spawn at all, It wouldn't matter if we update they didn't spawn as it could be simply some mobs becoming more scarce.)

Then alter the drops of several mobs so survival is easier, and resources can be trickled into the system

Pig Zombie - Rotten Flesh, Cooked Porkchops, Raw Porkchops, Gold Nuggets, Bones (0-1) (Rare)
Zombie - Every Colour dye (clothing shards), Rotten Flesh, Glass Bottles, Netherwart
Creeper - Glowstone dust, Sugar, Gunpowder, Redstone dust
Skeleton - Bones, Arrows, Bows, Bonemeal
Spider - Leather, Spider eyes, string
Cave Spider - Leather, Spider eyes, string
Wolves - Bones, Leather
Silverfish - Raw Beef/Pork, string (Retexture them as rats?)

That way potions are easily made and are an infinite resource (albeit requiring effort to obtain.) as is Golden tools (Nuggets > Bars > Tools > ???? > Profit!) leather armour, dyes and bows and arrows.

But that's just my manic musing...

Also out of utter boredom... Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes 20120204125225 A replica of Aegonian's house
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Good ideas! We will certainly use custom drops for mobs!

The Last Days/Doku/Johnsmith pack I'm currently using (which also I used for the house) features quite some nice mob skins:

Skeleton - Bandit. Bones are small bags, looks very nice!
Zombie - Mutant. Rotten flesh is an ear ripped from the mutant's head.
Spiders - Robotic spiders. String is a piece of rope, eyes are brains in glass canisters, fermented eyes are a purple goo in a small canister.
Creeper - A 'Huggatron': it's an exploding robot.
Silverfish - Roach. I think rats would be better, so I'll try to make a decent custom rat skin.
Zombie Pigman - Guys in weird HazMat/space suits.

Gold armour is a HazMat suit too, btw.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Aegonian wrote:Good ideas! We will certainly use custom drops for mobs!

The Last Days/Doku/Johnsmith pack I'm currently using (which also I used for the house) features quite some nice mob skins:

Skeleton - Bandit. Bones are small bags, looks very nice!
Zombie - Mutant. Rotten flesh is an ear ripped from the mutant's head.
Spiders - Robotic spiders. String is a piece of rope, eyes are brains in glass canisters, fermented eyes are a purple goo in a small canister.
Creeper - A 'Huggatron': it's an exploding robot.
Silverfish - Roach. I think rats would be better, so I'll try to make a decent custom rat skin.
Zombie Pigman - Guys in weird HazMat/space suits.

Gold armour is a HazMat suit too, btw.

You wrote Huggatron and instantly made me thing of the hug monster from spore..
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunark Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:48 pm

I just thought of a concept for a generator... If it works, We could use it to open "locked" doors (Iron Doors) or use it for some other thing. The actual generator would be a large structure made of iron blocks, and a furnace to actually turn it on. Inside the structure would be a bunch of redstone that does stuff...

Hopefully I'll be able to test it out today.

Oh, and something else I thought of. Since lava buckets can be used to power furnaces, would it be possible to re-texture lava as Oil?
Lunark
Lunark
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Lunark wrote:I just thought of a concept for a generator... If it works, We could use it to open "locked" doors (Iron Doors) or use it for some other thing. The actual generator would be a large structure made of iron blocks, and a furnace to actually turn it on. Inside the structure would be a bunch of redstone that does stuff...

Oh, and something else I thought of. Since lava buckets can be used to power furnaces, would it be possible to re-texture lava as Oil?

I'm guessing it's a flip flop latch, combined with a BUD?
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunark Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:07 pm

thunderpants wrote:
Lunark wrote:I just thought of a concept for a generator... If it works, We could use it to open "locked" doors (Iron Doors) or use it for some other thing. The actual generator would be a large structure made of iron blocks, and a furnace to actually turn it on. Inside the structure would be a bunch of redstone that does stuff...

HOW'D YOU KNOW? Shocked

But yeah, it's basically just that... I'm currently trying to make it compact...
Lunark
Lunark
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:23 pm

I'll try retexturing the lava: shouldn't be too hard, I think.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunark Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Alright, I made a compact generator... well, dual-generator. I've got ahead and made two just for the heck of it.

Pictures!
Spoiler:
Lunark
Lunark
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Here's the pack I'm currently using:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6yjqepyf1ghg00m

Credit for the used textures goes to their creators: the people working on the Last Days, Dokucraft - The Saga Continues and JohnSmith packs.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Lunark wrote:
thunderpants wrote:

HOW'D YOU KNOW? Shocked

But yeah, it's basically just that... I'm currently trying to make it compact...

One of my RL MC friends, is an absolute genius with redstone and it rubs off! You search it to help him, and before you know it you start teaching him stuff!
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Sorry for double post, but if I edited my previous post this would probably be lost.

Should we start designing a map of the city before we go ahead and build it? Then we'll all be singing from the say hymn sheet. (Awful British saying, no idea why I wrote it.)

I mean then we know what needs to go where. Also I wanted to ask, will the city have a coastline? I'd love to build an oil refinery (It could be accessible via a broken pipe.)
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sataz Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Oil refinery sounds awesome and the map seems like a great idea to me. I'll try to help a bit with building the city. I don't know how it will look, I've never really cared for modern society Very Happy
Sataz
Sataz
Haero
Haero

THEA-Points : 5139

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Sataz wrote:Oil refinery sounds awesome and the map seems like a great idea to me. I'll try to help a bit with building the city. I don't know how it will look, I've never really cared for modern society Very Happy

I got the impression it was ruined steampunk/Victorian style.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 24 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next