The Elithian Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

+4
epicksl
Lunark
thunderpants
Aegonian
8 posters

Page 14 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

Of these five names, which one do you think fits our world best?

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 T5IHA33%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 PURmt 33% 
[ 5 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 T5IHA27%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 PURmt 27% 
[ 4 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 T5IHA13%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 PURmt 13% 
[ 2 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 T5IHA13%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 PURmt 13% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 15

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 Empty Re: Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

Post by Aegonian Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Nice find, we might use that! Custom music could really help improve the atmosphere of some of the environments!

Also, the server will be online again in a few minutes!
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 YvlSz Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 Empty Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7051
Location : Planet Elithia. In my humble home in Aegonia's capital city; Creon.

https://elithianalliance.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 Empty Re: Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

Post by thunderpants Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Okay this will take forever to find all the music myself.

Could everyone try to find some music for there city. The catch is it HAS TO BE ROYALTY FREE AND FREE MUSIC.

Okay, a good site for it is http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/ but if you could all find some music.

At the moment I like "In the Hall of the Mountain King" for Chard.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 916tM Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7096

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/thunderpants

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:57 pm

I like the song "Frost Waltz" for New Frostholm. I like the music, it doesn't have anything to do with the name.

Could we have music sets for each faction? Like battle songs, town songs, dungeon raiding songs.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 6430

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:59 pm

JorgasElite wrote:I like the song "Frost Waltz" for New Frostholm. I like the music, it doesn't have anything to do with the name.

Could we have music sets for each faction? Like battle songs, town songs, dungeon raiding songs.

I think it's area based. But I'm sure something could be done.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 916tM Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:50 pm

I have a great song for Tiger Palace, to inspire fear into those who go there, it's called "big mojo" and it's listed under world music. It is a slow percussion beat that is epic, intense, and driving. I like it.

Another for my city in general would be either Balzan groove, which is a nice mixture of Electronic and middle east, or an electronic song like Basement Floor. Although I would not usually pick it, this particular song has a feel like when you look up and see a huge city with tall skyscrapers.

If we could have a battle theme (Or several for that matter), I would choose "Firebrand" It is a fast paced percussion and it's great!

Talking about plug-ins, we could use Punishmental which would aid us in multiple tasks.
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

THEA-Points : 6284

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/kingnecromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:33 pm

Necro, to be honest, your buildings do not look at all like Persian or Middle Eastern buildings. I don't see any details in the buildings, and you just copy pasted more buildings down a long road. You also pretty much finished your city weeks before the rest of us. You do understand that we'r going for a few buildings already built, in a medieval/fantasy style? Just expressing my thoughts to make the roleplay better.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:26 pm

I hate to agree but also.

HOW BIG IS YOUR CITY?

Necro try looking at the other ones, the state yours is in, you will have to do no building in rp.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Your city has become quite big, yeah. I also saw that your tall buildings all had an Enchantment table in them: I removed those, as hardly anyone else has even a single one of them.

I would suggest focusing on improving existing buildings now, maybe decorate the walls and such. You could also damage some of the buildings, so your people have something to repair in the roleplay.

I too have pretty much stopped expanding my fortress: I'm now building NPC villages, improving the terrain, and I'm thinking of building some ancient ruins or something like that. You could help me with that, if you want to!

Also, the server will be online again in a couple of minutes!
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 YvlSz Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 Empty Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 14 SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:06 pm

I think we should make public dungeons and such. I bet you could figure out what I mean by that. Razz
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:34 pm

JorgasElite wrote:Necro, to be honest, your buildings do not look at all like Persian or Middle Eastern buildings. I don't see any details in the buildings, and you just copy pasted more buildings down a long road. You also pretty much finished your city weeks before the rest of us. You do understand that we'r going for a few buildings already built, in a medieval/fantasy style? Just expressing my thoughts to make the roleplay better.

Blame prof D:

Don't worry, we are working on it Razz

Anyway point being, it's meant to be big, this is an NPC town OUTSIDE of my own. So really, I have not even started on my actual city. Would varying heights and sizes work well with you guys? I believe it would.
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:58 pm

We all thought that was your city. O.o

So I had an idea about the storyline being linked somehow to the vaults. Let's brainstorm some ideas, anything. Because I don't have anything atm.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Yeah, I am going to start off with a throne room in my palace, and build off of that in the RP.

@Jorgas Vaults? Explain.
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:27 pm

The server will be online in a couple of minutes. I'll be online too, but I will be afk every now and then (have to do some work for my school).
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:19 pm

The server is online again. Same as yesterday, I might go afk every now and then to work for school.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:09 pm

I had another idea related to item drops. Allow Zombies to spawn wearing "Artifact Armour" which is custom enchanted, named and dyed leather armour. I thought perhaps we could use a plugin to make these actual custom enchantments.

If we where to what enchantments would we want on each colour?

I thought maybe we should list all the colours, the decide effects.

Red
Crimson
Pink
Green
Moss
Lime
Blue
Navy
Sky
Cyan
Teal
Aqua
Magenta
Purple
Lavender
Yellow
Ochre
Cream
Black
Onyx
White
Cloud

I thought that we could have these effects for one set.

When hit, teleports to any safe location within 5 blocks. Iron Armour Strength.
Breathing Underwater infinitely. Haste when in water. Iron Armour Strength.
Completely destroyed when you die, but saves you for 1 time. Iron Armour Strength.
Night vision, Jump height Boost, No Fall Damage. Iron Armour Strength.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Onyx I think should the one that can resurrect you.

I think moss should have to do with buffs on trees or something like that.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Moss could be weak regeneration, and feeding if you are on grass blocks.

Also what would you guys think of a plugin to add the possibility to add prefixes (Crude, Shoddy, Well-Made, Masterful) to crafted tools. These add -20%, -10%, +10% and +20% durability with the following chances to be added when crafting, 1%, 9%, 9%, 1% (All done respectively).
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:00 am

I like the idea of prefixes. But could we have more? And possibly special bonuses?
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:18 pm

That would be a great idea, I don't think we should make the tools too overpowered. Also how about we make it so that anvils don't get destroyed by repairing tools. Because in regular minecraft, an anvil is really expensive to make, not only to replace.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 pm

The varying durability of weapons would be great, and so is the Artifact Armour idea!
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:35 pm

JorgasElite wrote:That would be a great idea, I don't think we should make the tools too overpowered. Also how about we make it so that anvils don't get destroyed by repairing tools. Because in regular minecraft, an anvil is really expensive to make, not only to replace.

The point of this was to make some tools last longer and some last less time. Simply to represent a lack of constant quality in materials/workmanship. That and add a bit of flavour.

Should we rejig the chances to 10% Crude, 20% Shoddy, 40% Normal, 20% Well-Made, 10% Masterful?
And Yes, something needs to be done about anvils.

kingnecromancer wrote:I like the idea of prefixes. But could we have more? And possibly special bonuses?

I'd like to stay clear of that on regular tools. Maybe we could add a set of weapons to dropped along with the artifact weapons?

Also I would love the server to gain an in-game newspaper. It would be an awesome way to spread news.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:06 pm

thunderpants wrote:Also I would love the server to gain an in-game newspaper. It would be an awesome way to spread news.

We could assign someone to write newspaper books every now and then, and use BookPress to duplicate them. But how would we distribute them?

As for the anvils, we could also try to change the crafting recipe. There should be a plug-in that allows us to do that.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Aegonian wrote:
thunderpants wrote:Also I would love the server to gain an in-game newspaper. It would be an awesome way to spread news.

We could assign someone to write newspaper books every now and then, and use BookPress to duplicate them. But how would we distribute them?

We could try and prompt some users to create their own newspapers, then let them try and distribute them for wealth. I mean how else would news travel. Then we can have the interesting multi-racial papers.

Aegonian wrote:
As for the anvils, we could also try to change the crafting recipe. There should be a plug-in that allows us to do that.

Or we could just remove the durability of an anvil.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 pm

thunderpants wrote:

We could try and prompt some users to create their own newspapers, then let them try and distribute them for wealth. I mean how else would news travel. Then we can have the interesting multi-racial papers.

Propaganda, anyone?
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 pm

kingnecromancer wrote:
thunderpants wrote:

Propaganda, anyone?

Possibility for Corps vs Governments.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next