The Elithian Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

+4
epicksl
Lunark
thunderpants
Aegonian
8 posters

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

Of these five names, which one do you think fits our world best?

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 T5IHA33%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 PURmt 33% 
[ 5 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 T5IHA27%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 PURmt 27% 
[ 4 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 T5IHA13%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 PURmt 13% 
[ 2 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 T5IHA13%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 PURmt 13% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 15

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 Empty Re: Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

Post by thunderpants Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:57 pm

I would say yes to the Fishing Tech Tree, but how about so you can only buy Fishing Rods with Gold Nuggets? Make it less of a grindy thing more of a reward.

How about you can then sell uncooked fish for cooked, and pufferfish for gold?
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 916tM Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7078

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/thunderpants

Back to top Go down

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 Empty Re: Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

Post by Lunark Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:41 am

It's not that I left, it's more that I had no time to properly post something. I still periodically checked the forums for updates!

Anyways, I was recently on the server and I already like all the stuff you guys have built! I haven't played with Redstone in forever and I really should learn the new mechanics of everything (including the command blocks, cause they're so cool). I don't really have any ideas for anything at the moment, but I'll post them here if I ever get them!

Oh and hey, I'm getting excited by an rp! Yeah!
Lunark
Lunark
Haero
Haero

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 5244

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:41 pm

Good to know you're still around! Very Happy

I've had several more ideas.

Replace Spades/Shovels with a "Banisher". It'd be enchanted with Smite 1+n, Bane of Arthropods 1+n and fire aspect 1, where n is the material tier.
Replace Axes with Battle Axes that grant the wearer Speed 1.
Give all Swords Sharpness n.
Give Leather Boots Feather Falling and have them grant the wearer Speed 1.
Allow the brewing of Healing Potions (Regen + Instant Health in 1 potion) via Mushroom farming.

The point of the Banisher is for killing mobs and running dungeons.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 916tM Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:34 pm

I have a really good idea that I think you will like. How about having there be a Gods system, where us, the active members now, are the gods. We would all represent something. The players could build churches or temple in our name, and would be rewarded. Better shrines = More Rewards. The rewards would be based off of what god you build a church for. You could also sacrifice resources for rewards.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

THEA-Points : 6412

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:48 pm

If we are Gods it's probably easiest to do that manually. Also it'd probably be a good idea to theme our gods.

Maybe no building/capturing temples, rather we should have 1 or 2 armoured temple/castles/towns each across the globe so that our pilgrims, can unite to worship.

Could we also agree a standard level of helping our followers.

If I where a God, I would probably be the God of Proof. I want to prove my followers and their worth and reward them justly. Thus my role as the builder of dungeons, fixer and balancer. If I where a God, I'd like to be the God of the Monsters. I may have a follower in the realms of the Humans every once and again but mainly I'm here to be a balancer/antagonist/Devil

As a reward can we give some God Based Loot, which should be obtainable also through dungeons. I would also like to be able to grant someone as our Avatar or a Disciple and thus give them some buffs and weapons to fight for us. But these cannot be held by any other player. [I can do this with Command Blocks.]

I wonder if I can disable PvP between certain teams...

Other idea. Should we think about theming the different factions?

I think the forest should be earthly and forestry, with an organic feel of logs and planks. Lots of good vantage points and tight turns and hidey holes.

Desert should be very Pyramid-y, with lots of flat and angled surfaces. Juxtaposed with the usage of water sources and plants to show life in the barren lands.

The Snow I feel should be traditionally castles, with lots of log fires and tall stone brick walls. Warm and impenetrable feeling.

The Mesa I quite like the idea of a Clay-Based Greco-Roman style architecture mixed with elements of steampunk to add some technological flare. It's in the ideal surrounding to let the palette of browns and yellows and earth colours work. Maybe with some luxurious areas in unlikely places.

Last edited by thunderpants on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:02 pm

So, when could we potentially start working on this map? Thunderpants told me that he would be open this weekend, I'm not sure about what plans you have.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:27 pm

I would be able to work on it a bit this weekend, but I do have a lot of homework to do. I'd love to get some work done on the map, though, as this roleplay seems both fun and doable!
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 YvlSz Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 Empty Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7033
Location : Planet Elithia. In my humble home in Aegonia's capital city; Creon.

https://elithianalliance.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:30 pm

I've had another 2 ideas.

1.) Each faction has a "Patron God" ie a default.
2.) Run the world in a + Shape with a sublayer of an underworld of dungeons and redstone.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:15 pm

Perhaps Notix, you could have "events" where nether portals appear and disappear in chunks, or something, and the goal is to defeat the monsters guarding it, go into it (could be a small/medium dungeon) and defeat a boss that would give some good loot? So I was thinking like Rift, but where you go right into the portal. Maybe portals could spawn near small villages, and would pump out harder monsters which eventually defeat the NPC guards and kill the npc's. If still left unchecked, they could establish a foothold in the town to push out to other, more major settlements? This might all be hard to do but if accomplished would be like the greatest server evar.
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

THEA-Points : 6266

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/kingnecromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:37 pm

I had an idea similar to this. Lemme put it this way, the God of Dungeons will keep things interesting... Very Happy

Temp Dungeons and Live events will happen, even better when I know big fights are happening. *Evil Laugh* As an fyi I will be making a debug mode for every mechanism on the server, so that I can help fix stuff much much quicker.

Also if we get popular and profit from server donations or whatever to keep it running, it maybe worth getting a "Generic Account" for each faction. That way before wars a player could do a command to disguise as their factions generic soldier. That way in battle people can't be singled out easily.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:21 pm

We should start working on the map soon, I'd really like to see this RP happen! I'm quite busy with my education, but I should be able to work on a Worldpainter map every now and then. How large do you think the map should be?
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 YvlSz Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 Empty Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 24 SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:45 pm

I was thinking quite small, like 150x150 per Faction?

Also we've been rethinking the Pantheon system and the map shape and factions.

Basically the God system that was each faction had it's one mini-pantheon and then there is the added Dungeon Pantheon.

The factions had,
Major God, (The big guy)
Minor God, (Demi-God, much stronger than players but the God's assistant)
Minor God,
Avatar, (Temporary Empowered Player, stronger gear and some weak powers.)

The Dungeon had
Major God,
Minor God,

The Map was going to be a + shape at around y=128 for ground level.
Each point was a factions home turf and the middle was to be captured.

The factions themselves I think where changed to
Forest - Life
Desert - Death
Nether - Chaos
Snow - Order
With Life & Death and Chaos & Order being on opposite points.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:17 pm

I guess everyone forgot, but it was my birthday last Monday. Crying or Very sad

Also, what about the Terraria 1.2 update?
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:35 am

I'm sorry, I've been too busy with school, and must have missed the notification... It's a bit late, but happy birthday! I hope you had a nice one!

I still haven't played Terraria, though I'll probably get it once it releases for the Vita. Unfortunately, that probably means I won't be able to play it together with you guys...

Also, I recently installed StarMade, and it looks really nice! We should set up a server sometime, and play it together.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:12 pm

JorgasElite wrote:I guess everyone forgot, but it was my birthday last Monday. Crying or Very sad
Lies, I wished you a happy birthday the day before!

Also I've had ideas for my Pantheons Demi-Gods.

Vampire: Night Vision, Regen 2. Can transform into a Bat to escape granting speed II and flight. Attacks lifesteal, and has Projectile Protection.
Werewolf: Night Vision, Regen 2. Can transform into a Wolf to escape granting speed II and jump boost I and Strength I. Has Strength II and Fire Protection.
Ocelot: Night Vision, Regen 2. Can transform into a Wolf to escape granting speed III and jump boost I. Has poisonous attacks and Blast Protection.

Also ideas for loot/items
Redshroom Elixirs (Instant Health, Regen, Weakness)
Cloudflower Tonic (Speed Boost, Jump Boost, Regen)
Feaster's Filler (Hunger, Rather Large Strength Boost)

Also it'd be great to have a mod that would let a mob have a custom skin based on it's name.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24