The Elithian Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

+4
epicksl
Lunark
thunderpants
Aegonian
8 posters

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Of these five names, which one do you think fits our world best?

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 T5IHA33%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 PURmt 33% 
[ 5 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 T5IHA27%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 PURmt 27% 
[ 4 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 T5IHA13%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 PURmt 13% 
[ 2 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 T5IHA13%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 PURmt 13% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 15

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 Empty Re: Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

Post by JorgasElite Sat May 18, 2013 3:17 am

I don't think that we will need a plot system King. First, we'r not going to let every single n00b on the server. Second, they would need permission to build in the cities. We could have something where you can't greif in cities, and you would only be able to build in a certain area. But that would be very expensive. (You would also have to be good at building)

Also, if people would have to get plots, the world would not be very pleasing. Instead of going out into the Wilderness and starting up your own inn or farm, you would have to go pay a ton of money for a crappy little plot. That would discourage a lot of people. Let's make some sort of compromise between having control over the people and letting them have some freedom.

Please do not edit this for this is a very good post to show to future generations of Elithians. May it be passed down in the history lessons of the future as an example.

Last edited by JorgasElite on Sat May 18, 2013 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 6428

Back to top Go down

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 Empty Re: Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

Post by Lunark Sat May 18, 2013 3:26 am

I can kinda see it working, the plot system. But it all depends on how you implement it.

And you guys are making me want to try out Civ 5 again, it's been gathering dust in my Steam library...
Lunark
Lunark
Haero
Haero

THEA-Points : 5260

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Sat May 18, 2013 4:31 am

As I said, there should be one but it can't be too restrictive. In order to build a building in-town you should be wealthy, but if not you can buy a house or rent a room. Let's make some sort of system or compromise.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sat May 18, 2013 11:14 am

We'll use Towny for creating towns and villages, and it also gives us a plot system which seems to work quite well. For the areas between towns - the wilderness - we can also define exactly what blocks players can and cannot break. I think we should update the server to the latest Bukkit Beta build soon - I've been waiting for a Recommended Build, but it's taking too long...

Before I update the server though, I'd like to discuss the plug-ins we'll use. Here's a list of plug-ins I think we should or could use:

Should use:

-Towny
- For creating and managing towns, plots, building restrictions, localized chat etc.
-Courier
- Allows players to write letters and send to to other players.
-Bookpress
- Adds book presses, which can duplicate written books, so they can be distributed to mulitple towns/players
-MoreActions
- Adds More Player Models support
-WorldEdit
- Allows admins and moderators to more easily undo griefing etc
-AntiCreeper
- Prevents all explosions from damaging blocks, while still keeping damage to entities such as players
-PorteCoulissante
- Adds realistic portcullises - they move up and down, and can be created with relative ease.

Could use:

-OtherDrops
- Adds custom drops to blocks and monsters
-AngryWolves
- Causes some wolves to spawn as angry wolves, and can replace some standard monsters with angry wolves. Adds some danger to the day, along with realism (wolves aren't known for how friendly they are)
-Loot
- Allows you to create chests that will restock over time. The items can be defined in a config file, and can be given names, descriptions, enchantments etc. Useful for dungeons, so multiple people can loot the chests
-ChestRestock
- Also allows chest restocking, but will simply restock chests according to the inventory they had when they were registered
-CraftBook
- Allows, amongst others, gates that can be toggled on or off. Is a huge plug-in, so we'd have to choose what parts to activate and what parts to leave out.

What do you think? Any plug-ins from the 'Could use' list you'd really want to use? Any plug-ins I haven't mentioned that you'd like to see on the server?
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 YvlSz Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 Empty Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7049
Location : Planet Elithia. In my humble home in Aegonia's capital city; Creon.

https://elithianalliance.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Sat May 18, 2013 1:20 pm

All I really want is the ability for people to build pretty much anywhere outside of a city, while still being restricted on where exactly and such.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Sat May 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Definitely AngryWolves. And maybe OtherDrops.

Secondly, as it seems to have angered you: I am simply deleting the comments that have already been answered, as they are now pointless and have no point except for making the thread longer.

Last edited by kingnecromancer on Sat May 18, 2013 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

THEA-Points : 6282

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/kingnecromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Sat May 18, 2013 2:02 pm

Oh, and I'm guessing your only deleting my posts so you can catch up to me on the most posts?

And, since the server is never up unless you ask, can you please just turn it on regularly? I know you have work to do.

Also, New Frostholm has declared war on Dragon's Landing for now on. He cannot be trusted.

We should try to get 1.6 as soon as possible. The horses look really good in it. And I could use some marble in the up-to-date version.

Last edited by JorgasElite on Sat May 18, 2013 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun May 19, 2013 12:25 pm

I'll try to put it online more often. Unfortunately, the server status indicator we used to use doesn't seem to be functional anymore... Does anyone know of a replacement for it? It would be useful to just have a status indicator instead of me always posting "The server is online again!".

I think we'll update to 1.6 as soon as a Beta build for that version is online.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 YvlSz Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 Empty Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Tue May 21, 2013 1:01 am

Hmm. I will look into this problem right away!

Last edited by kingnecromancer on Tue May 28, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Fri May 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Sorry for not posting anything lately, I've been very busy with school... Anyway, the server is online again now, so go and finish any stuff you've yet to finish!
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sat May 25, 2013 6:15 pm

I think the township of Rekkerd is almost done. I just need to add a few more houses.

Sorry about inactivity, I've had some quite serious exams at school.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 916tM Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7094

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/thunderpants

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Tue May 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Minions mod is a must.
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Tue May 28, 2013 8:13 pm

kingnecromancer wrote:
Minions mod is a must.

What was slightly random... Also I can't get Minions to work at all.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 916tM Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 22 SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Tue May 28, 2013 8:47 pm

What is slightly random. What?

@BackOnTopic I decided that the server needs a little more pizzaz. How about the Citizens (here) mod plug-in?

Edit: Seeing how there are different "characters", I suggest the sentry, which lets us place guards/bodyguards, quest, which makes quest givers/objectives, and also denizens, which give us interactive citizens, like in Skyrim or something. Also, Postal, for mailmen.
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Tue May 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Last time I tried, Citizens quarters your FPS. It's due to a bad rendering engine in Minecraft.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Citizens is a very nice plug-in, but it's also very demanding (unless they've managed to make it more efficient). We could try using it sometime, and see what impact it has on performance.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:41 pm

The server is online again, so please try and finish anything left unfinished soon!
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:15 am

I'll be leaving for camp for a week, I'll be back next Saturday. I'll be warning you, I may not be the same person when I come back. Wink 
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:45 am

Have fun!
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:51 am

That's right when he gets back he'll be a week older!

Hope you enjoy yourself!
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sataz Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:24 pm

He'll have changed in much different ways when I'm done with him.. Oh wait I'll depart for 'merica 3 days after he returns from camp... my time frame is off here Sad Anyway Have Fun Jorgas Smile
Sataz
Sataz
Haero
Haero

THEA-Points : 5148

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm still here until it's about 1 PM here.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:29 am

God damnit I go to the cottage for 2 days... 2 DAYS, and you guys post like 50 times while I am gone. God darsh dangit.

So to get back on topic, we need set times for the server to be up. (GMT of course.
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:26 pm

When will you be going? I have to know when to start spamming posts! Razz

Also, I agree: set times would be nice! Any suggestions?
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:51 pm

I am leaving in about 27 days from this posting, for a total of 3 weeks. I will be back in august.
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next