The Elithian Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum)

+2
AlexxM
freddycatking
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum) Empty Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum)

Post by freddycatking Tue May 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Well I saw my poor movie contest sitting over at the sporum, nothing to do, so I've dragged it over here to be continued!

"Hello everyone, Freddycatking here with another Elithia related contest!

So what's happening this time? Well a while ago I was thinking, trying to make an alien nature documentary completely off of Spore, and it didn't work out so well so I quit... But then, about a week later, Aegonian, the leader of the Elithian alliance posted a few contest ideas he had, and one of them was a movie contest! I thought to myself "What the hey" and decided to host it, and here's how it turned out.

So the idea here is to make a movie with Spore that's related to Elithia in some way. It would be easiest if you're a member of the alliance, or if you aren't already I'd recommend joining here: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/49125.page. But if not, that's OK too. Just read up a bit on Elithia and get an idea!

So here's a demo movie that I made myself, it's not an entree though:

And if that isn't working, just go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSbWfh0LPi8

So that's just an idea, go ahead and do whatever you want! Documentary about your Elithian species, the following of a great Elithian hero, Comedy, Romance, (just kidding) whatever you want!

RULES:

1) Must be Elithian related

2) Youtube only!!! I may make an exception or two for Dailymotion or google video.

3) Must be rated under PG13. (Think like a movie critic. I don't think showing a guy explode into a bunch of bits with blood all over and guts flying into people's faces is rated G)

4) Please post your video here when you have it uploaded on youtube via link or you could put the URL code like this: [youtube]youtube URL code[/youtube]

5) Deadline undecided for now.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN:

When you post your movie, I will put it in the closest matching category(s), listed one the bottom. That's also the "Entrees so far" section. You can't win in more than one category!

Because I can't make a sporecast with your video in it, I have to just scrunch all the videos onto the bottom of this post so ya. I also made a youtube Playlist, but I don't know how to post a link.

TIPS:

In spore, hit "V" to record a movie, (again to stop recording)and "C" to take a picture.

To make it so your captain can't be seen on the screen, make a wall or mountain or anything with a cliff face in the terrain editor, and place your captain in front of it as close as possible without being on it, facing away from it. in the test adventure mode, you won't see your captain and you can film what's going on without having your captain standing around in the picture.

To view the whole planet in test mode in GA, hit: ctrl+alt+c . This will have you enter freecam mode, in which you can view either the whole planet. You can also use this instead of the wall/mountain method posted above.

CATEGORIES:

Action:
Documentary:
Nature:
Comedy:
Adventure:
tour:
Other:

JUDGES:
Me (freddycatking)
Aegonian"
freddycatking
freddycatking
Calion
Calion

THEA-Points : 5300

Back to top Go down

Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum) Empty Re: Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum)

Post by AlexxM Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Well, you see, I don't have the skills or the program to create something like this. And I think most people could say that same thing; it takes practice, skill and money for the program to make a cool movie out of Spore videos. If I had those, I would most certainly enter.
AlexxM
AlexxM
Calion
Calion

THEA-Points : 5234
Location : On Quarisub, that planet up there. Where do you think I am?

Back to top Go down

Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum) Empty Re: Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum)

Post by Aegonian Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:14 pm

AlexxM wrote:Well, you see, I don't have the skills or the program to create something like this. And I think most people could say that same thing; it takes practice, skill and money for the program to make a cool movie out of Spore videos. If I had those, I would most certainly enter.
Well, many computers have Windows movie maker installed, and with a little practise, I think you can just string some Spore vids together and make a movie. Entries don't have to be of great quality, as long as they have something to do with the Alliance.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum) YvlSz Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum) Empty Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum) SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7049
Location : Planet Elithia. In my humble home in Aegonia's capital city; Creon.

https://elithianalliance.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by freddycatking Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:19 am

And i think it' absolutely free.
freddycatking
freddycatking
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTheo Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:53 am

I might have to do this. Ill need time tho...I got a few ideas in my head about what the vid will be on!

EDIT: Just found the Movie Maker...Im so doing this!!!
LordTheo
LordTheo
Calion
Calion

THEA-Points : 5187

Back to top Go down

Post by freddycatking Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:29 pm

LordTheo wrote:I might have to do this. Ill need time tho...I got a few ideas in my head about what the vid will be on!

EDIT: Just found the Movie Maker...Im so doing this!!!
Thanks man... I think if you do it, other people will be inspired. =)
freddycatking
freddycatking
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTheo Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Yea haha I'm just leaving for a week so yea ill need time...I got a idea already, Im going to make a Preview of the New adventure series I'm going to make...

Glad I could help! Razz
LordTheo
LordTheo
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by freddycatking Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:05 am

LordTheo wrote:Yea haha I'm just leaving for a week so yea ill need time...I got a idea already, Im going to make a Preview of the New adventure series I'm going to make...

Glad I could help! Razz
Sweet, thanks. =)
freddycatking
freddycatking
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTheo Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:56 am

What if I made a preview to one of my galactic adventures? Would that count?

I was thinking of a video of the Kicara fighting the Arcanios...
LordTheo
LordTheo
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by freddycatking Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:03 am

LordTheo wrote:What if I made a preview to one of my galactic adventures? Would that count?

I was thinking of a video of the Kicara fighting the Arcanios...
Sure, anything's cool.
freddycatking
freddycatking
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Let's hope this will get some more attention now, I'd love to see some Elithian movies. If I get my game to work properly again, I too might make a movie (won't count as en entry of course, I'm one of the judges). I've got some ideas for it, some of which involve the current events in the roleplay.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum) YvlSz Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum) Empty Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum) SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by Veoline Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:54 pm

I'd be glad to enter the contest, if only I knew ! Mad I have so many ideas involving the current storyline, but they all seem so impossible to realize ! Crying or Very sad
Veoline
Veoline
Laegenda
Laegenda

Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum) 916tM Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum) SbAcb

THEA-Points : 5931

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Veoline

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTheo Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:58 pm

Veoline wrote:I'd be glad to enter the contest, if only I knew ! Mad I have so many ideas involving the current storyline, but they all seem so impossible to realize ! Crying or Very sad

Question: What is the current storyline? silent

So I figure with the video I will release the adventure that goes along with it...

How does that sound???
LordTheo
LordTheo
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by Veoline Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:04 pm

You have no idea ?!

Well right now the "Wings of Cense", a ship used by the Centens, the creators of the world, has appeared over Elithia, and a rain of alien missiles is falling over diverse locations on the planet.
In the meantime the Concordate is continuing it's work in the system and the Helmahkt are waiting, after a short battle with the Concordate.
The Ventrons have disappeared, and no news has been recieved recently from the Hyvon.
Veoline
Veoline
Laegenda
Laegenda

Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum) 916tM Freddycatking's Movie Contest! (dug out from the sporum) SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by freddycatking Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:05 pm

So basically we're all like "FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU- bam!"
freddycatking
freddycatking
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by Veoline Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:13 pm

Actually, I might be able to make one, eventually, if I can succeed in mounting good enough scenes and put them together well enough, all that with a dramatic music and lots of special effects. As you can all guyess, it'll concern the Concordate.
Veoline
Veoline
Laegenda
Laegenda

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTheo Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Veoline wrote:You have no idea ?!

Well right now the "Wings of Cense", a ship used by the Centens, the creators of the world, has appeared over Elithia, and a rain of alien missiles is falling over diverse locations on the planet.
In the meantime the Concordate is continuing it's work in the system and the Helmahkt are waiting, after a short battle with the Concordate.
The Ventrons have disappeared, and no news has been recieved recently from the Hyvon.

haha yea sorry...the Kicara have been fighting the Arcanios Scourge for a while now...We felt it would be smart to join an alliance to help fight the scourge but it seems that you have your own issues at the moment Razz
LordTheo
LordTheo
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTheo Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:09 pm

Here it is! It didnt take me that long!

Idk what category it would be in....

maybe documentary or trailer....

Oh well! That doesnt matter because its freaking awesome! Razz

LordTheo
LordTheo
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by hollof Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:22 pm

thats a good video, dude. really good.
hollof
hollof
Calion
Calion

THEA-Points : 5261

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTheo Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:25 pm

hollof wrote:thats a good video, dude. really good.

Hahaha you really think so?
LordTheo
LordTheo
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by freddycatking Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:52 pm

woops just got back, sorry i didn't look earlyer!

EDIT: wow, AWESOME job so far! i need to think of a few suggestions because i'm a master at stopmotion not just reguler video, so sometimes it's hard for me to be judje but if you want insperation: My youtube channel!
freddycatking
freddycatking
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTheo Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:44 am

freddycatking wrote:woops just got back, sorry i didn't look earlyer!

EDIT: wow, AWESOME job so far! i need to think of a few suggestions because i'm a master at stopmotion not just reguler video, so sometimes it's hard for me to be judje but if you want insperation: My youtube channel!

Wow thanks! here is my youtube channel!

I am like so addicted to making videos about spore now! I had waaay to much fun in this contest!
LordTheo
LordTheo
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Very nice entry, LordTheo! I'm glad you've had fun making your video, and good luck in the contest Very Happy
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTheo Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:55 pm

Thanks Aegonian! That means alot!

So I have no idea what to do for the contest!
LordTheo
LordTheo
Calion
Calion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:14 pm

Well, basicly you just submit a video and that's it. Once enough videos are in, the judges will discuss them all, and a winner is chosen.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next