The Elithian Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions

4 posters

Go down

The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions Empty The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions

Post by Aegonian Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 pm

For fourteen days (one day a week, not counting the many hours spent outside of school), I and a number of other students have been working on a game for our Gamelab course. It is a 3D puzzle/platformer game developed by my team (The18 Productions), in which I had the role of Lead Designer. The game's been finished for a while now, but I forgot to post a link to the trailer until now... The trailer for our game, The Crate Escape, can be viewed below:

We are currently investigating options to release the game online (either for free, or at a low price), so I can't get you a download link just yet. I will update you on this once we've decided how to release it.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions YvlSz The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions Empty The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7043
Location : Planet Elithia. In my humble home in Aegonia's capital city; Creon.

https://elithianalliance.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions Empty Re: The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions

Post by thunderpants Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Working as a sales/pr/ideaguy for a project between some friends (They outdo my art/coding) I could suggest a few spots.

Otherwise it looks great!

Last edited by thunderpants on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions 916tM The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7088

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/thunderpants

Back to top Go down

The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions Empty Re: The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions

Post by kingnecromancer Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 pm

I like it!

There was only a little thing that distracted me: How when the crystal/Prism thingy rotated, it made it a bit hard to read.

Other then that, I think I can speak for everyone here that we are quite proud of you!

(Rate my comment up please Very Happy)
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions SbAcb

THEA-Points : 6276

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/kingnecromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sataz Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:38 am

Looks much better than when you first showed it to me Very Happy it looks like an interesting and fun game to play.
Sataz
Sataz
Haero
Haero

The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions SbAcb

THEA-Points : 5142

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:28 pm

thunderpants wrote:Working as a sales/pr/ideaguy for a project between some friends (They outdo my art/coding) I could suggest a few spots.

Otherwise it looks great!

Thanks! And that sounds interesting: maybe I can suggest those spots during our meeting next week!

kingnecromancer wrote:I like it!

There was only a little thing that distracted me: How when the crystal/Prism thingy rotated, it made it a bit hard to read.

Other then that, I think I can speak for everyone here that we are quite proud of you!

(Rate my comment up please Very Happy)

I thought the same thing, yeah. It looks awesome, but it should have been a bit easier to read. Unfortunately, I wasn't in charge of creating the trailer, and as it was made last minute, there was no time for improvements...

Anyway, I'm glad you like the trailer!
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions YvlSz The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions Empty The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Desura and a custom hosted website are my only suggestion atm as to selling.

That and steam greenlight.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions 916tM The Crate Escape - A game by The18 Productions SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7088

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/thunderpants

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:02 pm

We have decided to let the project rest for now, so we won't be selling it yet. However, there are now two places where you can get the game for free: I have a download link for the game, and a link to the Unity Web Player (which allows you to play the game in your browser). Obviously, the browser version doesn't look quite as good as the downloadable one.

Here they are:
Unity Web Player
Download .RAR

We might resume working on the project sometime in the future with a couple of the original team members, to see if we can add more to the game (such as a level editor).
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down