The Elithian Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

+4
epicksl
Lunark
thunderpants
Aegonian
8 posters

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Of these five names, which one do you think fits our world best?

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 T5IHA33%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 PURmt 33% 
[ 5 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 T5IHA27%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 PURmt 27% 
[ 4 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 T5IHA13%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 PURmt 13% 
[ 2 ]
Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 T5IHA13%Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 PURmt 13% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 15

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 Empty Re: Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

Post by thunderpants Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:53 pm

Aeg, 192.168.1.76 is an internal IP.

Go on whatsmyip.org to get your proper one.

I know this as if you type 192.169.1.1 in your browser, you'd connect to your router.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 916tM Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7098

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/thunderpants

Back to top Go down

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 Empty Re: Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes

Post by Aegonian Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Oh, right... 84.80.38.136 should be the one you can connect to. I've switched to using the .jar now, instead of the .exe, and it seems to be working.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 YvlSz Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 Empty Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 7053
Location : Planet Elithia. In my humble home in Aegonia's capital city; Creon.

https://elithianalliance.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunark Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Er... I did something stupid. Although at the time I didn't think it was stupid, but anyways I think a chunk in the Plains is now corrupt. So, I can't really log in without crashing the server... Sorry about that guys.
Lunark
Lunark
Haero
Haero

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 SbAcb

THEA-Points : 5264

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:44 pm

Lunark wrote:Er... I did something stupid. Although at the time I didn't think it was stupid, but anyways I think a chunk in the Plains is now corrupt. So, I can't really log in without crashing the server... Sorry about that guys.

What did you do?
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 916tM Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunark Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:46 pm

I tried to make a firework, and it didn't go well. I didn't know fireworks weren't safe to use yet...
Lunark
Lunark
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:51 pm

But they are... We were using them all the time...
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

THEA-Points : 6286

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/kingnecromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunark Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:08 pm

? As soon as I used mine I was disconnected from the server and couldn't connect again... 1 Gunpowder + 1 Paper...
Lunark
Lunark
Haero
Haero

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:57 pm

Lunark wrote:? As soon as I used mine I was disconnected from the server and couldn't connect again... 1 Gunpowder + 1 Paper...

Nope that just kicks you. It's a known glitch.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am

I've tried changing the biome inside the crater to 'sky' (the End biome), and it looked pretty nice (and scary), but the transition into the biome around it is instant, not smooth. If you're on the edge of the volcano, and move one block, the sky suddenly changes colour from black/greenish to blue...

I'm also adding some more landmarks to the world, such as mountains, cliffs, ravines etc.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 YvlSz Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 Empty Alternate Minecraft Roleplay Themes - Page 12 SbAcb

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:07 am

How many people are we planning on having on the server? Because I think we should make recruitment videos for each faction, that might be fun to do. Of course we would have to have a few things already built, but that could be fine.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

THEA-Points : 6432

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:20 am

I'm not sure, actually. Each faction should have a decent amount of players in it, and as we have six factions, that would probably add up to quite a lot of players. For example, if we want each faction to have about ten members, there'd be a total of 60 members already.
And there should be a couple of pre-built structures, yeah. Maybe we should also all have a palace/castle/fort, which would be under construction at the start of the roleplay.

Also, Happy New Year!
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:58 am

Happy New Year!

Under construction buildings would be good, I could start making the Academy of Light and Darkness then.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:06 pm

Happy New Year!

So I can start the obsidian frame of the Forge? Great!

Also http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1122495-145-more-player-models/

Might be useful for us. There is a bukkit plugin to allow us to see others. If only it was updated. Sad

So just clearing up the current Mods I recommend are:

Forge
Optifine
HDskins
More Player Models

However you wouldn't need any of these to join the server.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Aegonian wrote:I've tried changing the biome inside the crater to 'sky' (the End biome), and it looked pretty nice (and scary), but the transition into the biome around it is instant, not smooth. If you're on the edge of the volcano, and move one block, the sky suddenly changes colour from black/greenish to blue...

I'm also adding some more landmarks to the world, such as mountains, cliffs, ravines etc.

We could make it so that the only way to the volcano would be tunnels with ceilings, allowing the transition to happen while you can't see it.
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:30 pm

When do you think we can start building on the server? Maybye today if your not busy.

I have a good name for a town, Fayelillian if anyone wants to use it. But remember, I made it up.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Nice find, Notix! I hope it will be updated soon...

I'll be making a couple more adjustments to the map soon, but there are a couple of things I have to do for school first. After that, I'll export the latest world and set up the server again. If everyone thinks the world is fine as-is, we could probably start building later today, or maybe tomorrow.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Server is online again! It now has the latest export, with a couple more landmarks, biome improvements etc.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:14 pm

The server is online again! I'd like everyone to explore their faction's territory, and see if everything is to your liking. After that, we can start building the foundations for our castles/palaces, and build a few minor buildings. Remember: most of the building will have to be built in the roleplay!

I'm running a Bukkit Beta build for 1.4.6 so we can use WorldEdit, btw.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:37 pm

I think some of us on the server where discussing what we would use as currency?

I think the general consensus was Gold Nuggets.

Would it be possible to make Mobs drop Gold Nuggets as well?
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:09 pm

I think gold nuggets are too easy to get hold of, because if you find just a small amount of gold ore, you can easily get tons of money. Oh yeah, and Zombie Pigmen drop Gold Nuggets.

How about we have one of those money plugins?
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 pm

JorgasElite wrote:I think gold nuggets are too easy to get hold of, because if you find just a small amount of gold ore, you can easily get tons of money. Oh yeah, and Zombie Pigmen drop Gold Nuggets.

You do realise we could just make gold nuggets worth very small amounts, which would make finding gold ore just a little bonus to the person's total money.

EDIT: So I have been looking for some mods plugins, and I found a few that could be useful:

-OtherDrops This is a nice plug-in that allows you to control what players/blocks/mobs drop.

-BattleNight This is a neat plug-in which alters and revamps pvp combat completely with classes, arenas, team battles and more. I STRONGLY suggest this one.

-NO smoking! This plug-in is to create lots of neat ambiences, from smoke to sound effects. This one personally helps, as I remember Aegonian saying that Death Cavern could be more scary with sound effects. BAM! No smoking.

EDIT 2: I know it's done a lot, but I think McMMO is a must. It's just so addictive training in minecraft, fufilling the need to progress. Also, some sort of questing plug-in. Maybe something like qQuests?

LAST EDIT I SWEAR: And movecraft. Please, Movecraft, or at least something that is similar to it. Movecraft or better. Maybe Boatmod?

And Of course, Either Permissions or SuperPerms. I will check which one is better momentarily.
SuperPerms is the official Bukkit permissions, so let's try that one. PermissionsBukkit(AKA SuperPerms) SuperPerms IS outdated thought.

Last edited by kingnecromancer on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:44 pm; edited 6 times in total
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by JorgasElite Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:21 pm

But still, it would be very easy to get money. I still recommend getting a currency plugin. I don't have any experience with bukkit plugins, so I don't have any to recommend.
JorgasElite
JorgasElite
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingnecromancer Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:28 pm

I did another samurai-edit to my post.

@Jorgas
So your saying you would like a currency plug-in? In the end, it's all up to Aegonian, he should decide. But I suggest gold nuggets, as their is just less plug-ins that way.

I suppose we COULD have a currency plug-in if we really need it. Maybe we could try one out?

Also, a mail plug-in. At least 1.
kingnecromancer
kingnecromancer
Nahagi
Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aegonian Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:12 am

I would personally prefer Gold Nuggets as currency, although I do realize that a currency plug-in would be advantageous in some ways. What I dislike about currency plug-ins is that the money isn't 'physical', there is no item or anything involved. It's just a number, which just doesn't feel right. However, I will look for currency plug-ins soon, and maybe there's one I do like. No harm in trying, after all.

Otherdrops is great, and I think that No Smoking! might really help in creating an atmosphere in our cities, arenas etc. I'll also look into ship movement plug-ins, as I too think we really need one. I haven't ever used McMMO, so I'll look into that too, along with the Quest plug-in.
I'll also look into the mail plug-in soon: I remember seeing a couple of very nice messaging plug-ins.

I would also suggest a local chat plug-in: in the rp, it wouldn't make much sense if we could hear/read what someone else is saying/writing if he/she's on the other side of the map.

Last of all, I might not be able to put the server online today. I'll be working on a project for school almost all day.
Aegonian
Aegonian
High Centens
High Centens

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderpants Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:42 pm

My only request is something like drugmeup to add effects to stuff.
thunderpants
thunderpants
Gar-Nahagi
Gar-Nahagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next